Monday, November 20, 2006

Non conclusive Conclusion

Overall I found this exercise and intro into blogging and using RSS Feeds very useful for my own study and research and I see the validity in using this medium in my own classrooms in the future. I know that complaining about the number of feeds and info. about my topic will not solve anything so I am going to keep this blog alive long after the requirements of this class in order to give other teachers and parents and more especially students a place to come to find good and useful information on mulitcultural literature and its uses in the cannons of English and Language Arts classrooms.
Therefore, this is not a conclusion for me at all. I will continue to update this blog to help as many as I can and as I find useful info I will pass it on to whomever wants or needs it.

One word of advice. Do not look to the news media in America to spend much time talking about educating minorities in America. This will be a waste of time. As I have found the mainstream media does not concern itself with assisting teachers with information about educating those that need it most in our country. This is very sad but it is our reality at this moment and everyone that is interested in teaching ALL of their students will need this information so that they don't, in their own classrooms, Leave Any Child Behind.

I shall continue. Thank you for the opportunity and the exposure, see ya on the flip side.

No comments: